The Crochet Classroom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Crochet Classroom

A place for learning new techniques in Crochet

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hi from Missouri

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Blondie

Blondie

Hi from Missouri Empty
PostSubject: Hi from Missouri   Hi from Missouri EmptySat Sep 15, 2007 10:08 am

Hi all,

My name is Glenda; Blondie is a nickname I acquired years ago when I opened a hair salon called "Blondies" Very Happy I live in Lebanon, Missouri with my husband of 34 years. I now have a small salon on the same property as my house that hubby built for me a couple of years ago, I consider myself semi-retired, and my commute to work is about 200 feet.

I am 57 years old. My grandmother taught me to make my first chain, with thread, when I was 5 yrs. old and I guess you could say I have been "hooked" ever since. I must have chained around the world. Laughing

I was probably 12 before I made my first actual crochet project, which was a ripple afghan. My mother taught me how to make that. Since neither my mother nor my grandmother ever learned to read a crochet pattern, if they could see a project, they could duplicate it, I taught myself to read patterns.

As much as I thought I knew about crochet, after joining a couple of msg boards for crocheters, I am finding more and more that I don't know, but love to learn. Hence joining this board after finding a link on Crochetville.

I am in total awe of those who design, I wouldn't even know how to begin to design a project. I applaud those of you who do cheers , so people like me can continue on with a hobby they absolutely love!

I am looking forward to getting know you all, and to learn how to make some of the beautiful projects I am seeing here.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehairshed.com
ferosah
Admin

Hi from Missouri Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Missouri   Hi from Missouri EmptySat Sep 15, 2007 1:38 pm

Hi Glenda,
Welcome to the forum, a Pleasure to have you as a member. I hope you find the board informative. Please let us know if there is a technique you dont see but would like to learn. We will be adding new tutorial as time goes by. If you have the pattern on your blog you can list it in members website and blogs.
Happy Crocheting
Ferosa
Back to top Go down
https://crochet101.forumotion.com

Hi from Missouri
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Crochet Classroom :: Member's Corner :: Member's Introduction-
Jump to: