The Crochet Classroom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Crochet Classroom

A place for learning new techniques in Crochet

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Dishcloth Cro-Hook Style

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
conicuts

Dishcloth Cro-Hook Style Empty
PostSubject: Dishcloth Cro-Hook Style   Dishcloth Cro-Hook Style EmptySun Aug 19, 2007 4:03 pm

I really enjoy this method of crocheting. It is very similar to Tunisian crochet but you use a double ended crochet hook and turn and slide your work from end to end. You can use 2 colors of yarn as I did here or just one. This makes your project look the same on both sides. It produces a very soft feel to your project as well.

Dishcloth Cro-Hook Style 519203915_868a50851c

I used a denim blue, light and medium cotton yarn by Debbie Bliss. I used a size J crohook. When working the pattern instead of picking up every vertical bar on your forward row, you pick up the first horizontal stitch after your first vertical bar and pull up a loop. You then pull up a loop on that next verical bar as well. You then skip the next vertical bar and pick up a loop in the next horizontal stitch and vertical bar. You do this all the wary across on your forward rows. Your return row is a regular Tunisian return row, except that you slide your work to the opposite end of your hook and use your second color to return back.

You can find the pattern here... http://www.wrights.com/class/needlework/crohookcloth/crohookcloth.htm
Back to top Go down
crochetkim
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dishcloth Cro-Hook Style   Dishcloth Cro-Hook Style EmptySun Aug 19, 2007 5:07 pm

VERY nice! Thank you so much for sharing this photo as well! Good job!
Back to top Go down
ferosah
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dishcloth Cro-Hook Style   Dishcloth Cro-Hook Style EmptySun Aug 19, 2007 10:58 pm

Hi conicuts,
Fantastic work my dear, thanks for sharing.
Happy Crocheting
Ferosa
Back to top Go down
https://crochet101.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dishcloth Cro-Hook Style   Dishcloth Cro-Hook Style Empty

Back to top Go down

Dishcloth Cro-Hook Style
Page 1 of 1